A freaky thing happened on Saturday
I believe in people. I believe that the human condition is basically good but with slight momentary aberrations. I believe that when people say they have a mental problem and are taking medication for it, that it is under control. But then there are those instances where people cannot help themselves, and anxiety takes over.
So, Saturday was going to be a very busy day. I was going to work for three hours, then go home to do some work for Sunday, then take a nap, then go to the Thanksgiving dinner at 6:30. But here's what happened: I went to work, then the Freako called, and we made plans to meet.
The Freako is a character that does not warrant any explanation except that he is a freak. I know it is wrong to make fun of someone who has a diagnosed mental condition for which he is actively trying to control, but this person's behavior is what I target when I say freak. It's so unfortunate because the Freako is funny, witty, and somewhat nice.
We met at a restaurant, and I was 15 minutes late. I guess this caused a lot of anxiety because when I got there, he was already huffy and puffy. We sat down at a table, and he was so edgy. Finally, he said, I don't think I can stay. I have to go, he said, I'm not feeling it, and I'm feeling awkward. I said, okay, let's go, I dont want you to feel uncomfortable. He said, thank you, I just want to go home and do my own thing. Don't worry, I said, it's okay.
We got to my car, and his final remark was, I know you think I'm a freak, and I'm sorry. I said, no, not at all. Translation: I don't think you are a freak...I KNOW you are a freak. And with that, I left. Buh bye.
I believe in people. I believe that the human condition is basically good but with slight momentary aberrations. I believe that when people say they have a mental problem and are taking medication for it, that it is under control. But then there are those instances where people cannot help themselves, and anxiety takes over.
So, Saturday was going to be a very busy day. I was going to work for three hours, then go home to do some work for Sunday, then take a nap, then go to the Thanksgiving dinner at 6:30. But here's what happened: I went to work, then the Freako called, and we made plans to meet.
The Freako is a character that does not warrant any explanation except that he is a freak. I know it is wrong to make fun of someone who has a diagnosed mental condition for which he is actively trying to control, but this person's behavior is what I target when I say freak. It's so unfortunate because the Freako is funny, witty, and somewhat nice.
We met at a restaurant, and I was 15 minutes late. I guess this caused a lot of anxiety because when I got there, he was already huffy and puffy. We sat down at a table, and he was so edgy. Finally, he said, I don't think I can stay. I have to go, he said, I'm not feeling it, and I'm feeling awkward. I said, okay, let's go, I dont want you to feel uncomfortable. He said, thank you, I just want to go home and do my own thing. Don't worry, I said, it's okay.
We got to my car, and his final remark was, I know you think I'm a freak, and I'm sorry. I said, no, not at all. Translation: I don't think you are a freak...I KNOW you are a freak. And with that, I left. Buh bye.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home